This Halloween many children will be heading out to harvest the great candy bounty awaiting them throughout the neighbourhood. You may be planning on leaving your home that night. Unfortunately, criminals use this time of year to take advantage of people being away from their homes and businesses to break-in and/or vandalize properties.
Here are Four-O-One Security Systems Top 5 Safety Tips to Ensure a Safe Halloween This Year!
- Make sure costumes are reflective so drivers can see them easily. You can use reflective tape on shoes, back or arms.
- No trick-or-treating alone! Children should be accompanied by adults.
- Make sure to stay in well-lit and populated areas. Bring a flashlight.
- Make sure to look both ways when crossing the street and remain on sidewalks and pathways rather than cutting through someone’s garden.
- Ensure that you arm your security system before you leave your home for the evening. Even if you forget to arm your system you can still do so at any time from your mobile device!
The RCMP also have some great Halloween safety tips for children, motorists and homeowners. Those can be found here.
401 Security Systems. Your Local Accredited Alarm Company. Call (613) 342-6102 or 1-800-363-7564 to book your free estimate!